Bookings usually run from Saturday to Saturday and access to the holiday cottage for guests is from 4pm on the day of commencement of the holiday hire until 10am on the day of departure. The hiring party will be responsible for any cost incurred as a result of delayed departure.
Normal cleaning is included in the price.
Good Housekeeping Deposit - £100 per hire
The hirer shall ensure that the property is left in a clean and tidy condition and that the property and its contents are respected at all times. If damage occurs (beyond fair wear and tear) or exessive cleaning is required then a claim may be made on the good housekeeping deposit provided, otherwise the deposit will be returned in the post.
Due to the highly efficient insulation rating given to the lodge and owing to our commitment to the environment a coin meter operates for electric heaters. The use of electricity for the other utilities in the lodge is included in the price.
All bedding - pillow cases, pillows, duvets and duvet covers are included, as are towels (2 per person). During two week bookings fresh bedding and towels will be provided on the intermediate Saturday of the stay.
The holiday cottage has its own washing machine and an indoor clothes drying horse. There is also an outdoor clothes line.
Losses and damages that occur during the holiday hire period must be paid for by the hiring party. Every effort is made prior to guests' arrival to ensure that everything is in place Should something be missing it is in your own interest to notify us as soon as possible so that matters can be rectified.
There is parking right next to the holiday accommodation. Maximum two cars .
The balance due must reach us at least 8 weeks before the holiday cottage hire start date, otherwise your booking may be lost and the deposit forfeit.
To book a holiday cottage less than 8 weeks before the holiday hire start date the full amount payable is due at the time of booking. The payment is non-refundable.
Change of holiday dates
This is not ordinarily accepted but in exceptional circumstances a change of holiday dates may be accepted where possible, subject to a minimum administration fee of £25
Size of party
The number of guests stipulated for the holiday cottage must not be exceeded under any circumstances, Infants (i.e. those 2 years old or under) will not count as guests as far as numbers are concerned but those 3 years of age and over will.
The person who completes the booking form must be over 18 years of age and realize that in doing so they agree to accept responsibility for the hiring party and accept the conditions of hire on behalf of all those listed.
Hirers are expected to take reasonable care of the holiday cottage and ensure that it and all the equipment in it is left clean and in good working order.
If there shall be a breach of any of these conditions by any of the hiring party the owners (or their agents) reserve the right to re-enter the property and terminate the tenancy without prejudice to the other rights and remedies of the owner.
Should for any reason beyond our control (e.g. fire, vandalism etc) the holiday cottage not be available for the date booked then any charges paid in full by the hiring party will be refunded in full. The hiring party will then have no further claim against Seaboard Breaks
Seaboard Breaks cannot accept liability for any injury, accident, damage, loss, expense or inconvenience, whether to person or property including cars, which members of the hiring party or any other persons may suffer or incur that arise out of the holiday cottage hire, or is in any way connected with it.
We hope that your holiday will be an enjoyable experience and that the need to complain should not arise during your stay. However should it be necessary to complain we would ask that complaints be made during the stay so that they can be investigated immediately. In no circumstances can compensation be made for any complaints that are made after the holiday hire has ended, or where the hiring party has not allowed Seaboard Breaks to try to put matters right during the stay.
We would advise hiring parties to take out insurance cover against the eventuality of cancellation or curtailment of the holiday cottage hire, and also to provide security against damage, losses and injury.
Terms & Conditions of Hire
- The hirer shall ensure that the property is left in a clean and tidy condition and that the property and its contents are respected at all times. If damage occurs (beyond fair wear and tear) or excessive cleaning is required then a claim may be made on the good housekeeping deposit provided.
- The Hirer shall not sub-let the premises or any part thereof.
- The number of people occupying the premises shall not exceed the number stated for the premises.
- The Hirer binds and obliges himself to vacate the hired premises without demand at the termination of the period of hire.
- The Hirer binds and obliges himself to pay the lessor in respect of any loss or damage beyond fair wear and tear.
- Your initial payment comprises a deposit of 25% of the total hire charge, plus supplementary charges for pets. The balance of the hire charge must be paid at least 8 weeks prior to the commencement of the holiday. The Lessor may treat the booking as cancelled if the balance of the hire charge is not sent by this date.
- If the booking is made within 8 weeks of the start of the holiday, payment in full at the time of booking is required.
- The Hirer agrees that, in the event of Cancellation, while all reasonable efforts will be made by the lessor to re-let, the Hirer will be responsible for paying for the period of tenancy booked if a substitute cannot be found.
- The Lessor, his agents or employees, accept no responsibility for loss, injury or damage to any member of the Hirer's party or their property, arising in any manner out of the let of the premises, however caused.
- The Hirer shall undertake to prevent any member of his party from causing a nuisance or disturbance to neighbouring residents or occupiers.
- The Hirer undertakes to leave the hired premises secure if left unoccupied during the period of let.
- The Hirer shall undertake to keep pets under control at all times, and will not leave pets unattended inside the property.
- The Hirer undertakes to relieve the Lessor from any liability for damage or injury by any member of his party, however caused.
- The Hirer warrants that the subjects let are to be used for the purposes of a Holiday. Accordingly, Section 12(2) and Paragraphs of Schedule 4 of the Housing (Scotland) Act 1988 applies to the letting to the Hirer.
- We reserve the right of entry to the properties at all reasonable times for the purposes of inspection or to carry out repairs or maintenance.
- All information on this website is correct to the best of our knowledge.